Previous payroll data import #
Importing previous months’ payroll data is an essential task to keep up-to-date payroll records under one software when companies switch between different payroll applications during the same financial year. It is convenient for companies to keep all the payroll data in the same financial year in one place instead of juggling between different spreadsheets and doing manual work.
Any payroll software or application allowing this option should be able to accommodate the statutory compliance adjustment and the prior month’s data with the future periods. For example, Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) from previous months should also, be included in the new application. The companies would be able to see the total tax paid during the year, and the adjusted Form-12BB calculation with the tax exemption is calculated accurately.
Advantages of importing the previous payroll data #
Importing previous payroll data into OfficePortal can offer several advantages, including:
Time savings: Importing previous payroll data can save time compared to manual entry. It eliminates the need for manually entering each employee’s payroll data, which can be time-consuming, especially for companies with large employee numbers.
Accuracy: By importing data directly into OfficePortal, you can reduce the risk of data entry errors, ensuring that your payroll data is accurate and current. This can help minimize the chances of
mistakes and discrepancies in your payroll calculations.
Historical records: Importing previous payroll data allows you to keep a historical record of past payroll information. This can be useful for auditing purposes or in case of any disputes that may arise in the future.
Efficient reporting: With your payroll data stored in one place, you can generate detailed reports and analyze your payroll data more efficiently. This can help you identify trends and patterns
in your payroll data and make informed decisions based on that information.
Compliance: Importing previous payroll data into OfficePortal can help ensure compliance with applicable tax laws and regulations. OfficePortal can automatically calculate taxes and deductions
based on the imported data, reducing the risk of non-compliance.
Overall, importing previous payroll data into OfficePortal can streamline the payroll process, improve accuracy, and provide valuable insights into your payroll data.
How is the previous payroll data import done in OfficePortal? #
In OfficePortal, the previous payroll import process has been done smoothly and automatically with the help of a dynamic template available in the application.
To import previous payroll data in OfficePortal, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your OfficePortal account and go to Settings> Payroll Settings> Pay schedule.
- Click on the “PREVIOUS PAYROLL IMPORT” button.
- Click on the expand symbol “v” under Instructions.
- Click on the “download the sample CSV file” to initiate the download at point no 5.
- Enter the data the in the respective fields, leave the columns blank which are not applicable, and save the file after the month it belongs.
- Create the remaining months one by one in the same way and name each file to the month it belongs.
- Once you have all the month’s data ready, you can start importing the files one by one using the “UPLOAD” button. Click on “UPLOAD”
- Choose the corresponding month using the file navigate and choose the file path and click on “UPLOAD AND IMPORT”.
- Click on “Next”, once you receive the message as “Your CSV file is uploaded”.
- Map the data. OfficePortal will automatically map some of the fields, but you may need to adjust the mapping for some fields. Click on “Next” once you have done with mapping.
- Preview the data to ensure that everything is accurate and matches the original data. Click on “SUBMIT” to complete the import for one month.
Follow the same steps to complete the previous payroll import for the remaining months in OfficePortal.
Note that the exact steps may vary depending on the data used in OfficePortal you are using, but these general steps should guide you through the process of importing previous payroll data. OfficePortal will consider only the “employer id” for importing the fields and not the name of the employee.
If you encounter any issues or have questions, you can consult the OfficePortal documentation or contact the support team for assistance.