A project is a set of tasks that must be performed to achieve a specific goal. A project is work that we do for a client or on behalf of the client. Associating a client with the project helps in tracking the project operations.
Under projects, you can update the Projects you are doing or have done for your clients.
Navigate to the Timetracker > Projects feature in OfficePortal.
- Click on the Add New Button.
- As soon as you click on the “add new” button, you can view a form to add the project details.
Project details #
- It is mandatory to enter the Project name, Client name, Manager name who shall handle the project and choose the currency for the project by selecting from the drop-down list.
- You can also enter the Estimated cost of the project.
- You can choose a “Fixed amount or Time and Material” from the billing method drop-down.
- You may enter a short description of the project if any.
- Once you enter all the details, you can click on the “Save” button to Save the project details in the “OfficePortal”.
- Once you create the project details, you can view the Project contributors and projects task tabs to add contributors and tasks for that project. The manager name will also be automatically added under contributors.
Project contributors #
The project contributor is an employee who contributes to a project by doing activities and fulfilling project team obligations. Contributors make a major contribution to the project’s improvement by making valuable suggestions.
How to add contributors to the project?
- Just tap on the “Project contributors” tab.
- Click on the “Add Contributor” button to add the employees working on the project.
- Once you click on the “Add Contributor” button, the “Add to project” dialog box appears where you can choose the employees.
- You can select multiple employees or search for the employees you would like to add to the project.
- Once you select the employees, it is mandatory to add their hourly rate.
- Finally, click on the Save button to save the Project Contributors.
How to update the hourly rate for the employees?
You can follow the below steps to update the hourly rate of the employees.
- Click on the three dots of the employee for whom you would like to update the hourly rate.
- Click on the “Edit button”, the “update hourly rate” dialog box will appear.
- Enter the revised “hourly rate” of the employee.
- Provide the date when the revised “hourly rate” shall be applicable.
- Click on the “Save button” to save the revised hourly rate.
Project tasks #
A task is a set of activities that must be completed within a certain amount of time and contribute to achieving work-related goals. It’s a vital step to completing the project. Based on the level of detail you desire, you can determine the size and quantity of tasks in a project.
Breaking down tasks into smaller or manageable chunks will help you manage project risks, costs, quality, time, and other factors to enable everyone involved to complete the project on schedule and budget.
How to add tasks for each project in OfficePortal?
- Click on the “Add Task” button.
- The “Add task” dialog box appears once you click on the “Add task” button.
- You can enter the task name.
- It is mandatory to set the task status as “Active” so that the contributors can submit the timesheet.
- Finally, click on the Save button to save the task details.