Assigning an asset means an organization hands over the asset to the employee for Official use.
You can assign those assets which are available with the organization and are in “In stock” Status.
How to assign the assets to the employee? #
You can assign a single or multiple asset(s) to the employee in two ways. You can follow the steps to assign an asset(s) to the employee
Method 1 #
- Go to the list view of the assets
- Select the single or multiple asset(s) which are in “In stock” status by adding a “√” mark in the checkbox before the asset name.
- Once the asset is selected, the “Assign” button will be enabled on top.
- After that, you can click on the assign button, and the “Assign to” dialog box will appear.
- On the “Assign to” dialog box, select the “assigned on” date when you would like to assign the asset to the employee. In case you have already assigned the asset but haven’t added any entry here. Then, in that case, you can even select the date you assigned earlier and maintain the record.
- Select the employee or search for the employee to whom you would like to assign the asset.
- Finally, click on the Assign button.
Method 2 #
- Go to the list view of assets
- Click on the particular asset in the “In stock” status; you will be redirected to the view or edit page.
- You can view the “Assign” button on the top.
- You can click on the assign button, and the “Assign to” dialog box will appear.
- Now, you could follow steps 5 to 7 mentioned in Method 1.
As soon as an asset is assigned to the employee, the asset status is automatically changed to “In use”, and the employee will be notified through email and push notifications.