To update employee’s statutory options
- Navigate to Employees
- Click on the edit of any employee.
- Click on the Statutory options.
- Click on EDIT.
- Enter the employee’s PAN number.
- If you wish to include the employee in the Provident Fund, enable the – “Do you want to enable Employee’s Provident Fund?” option.If you enable the “Do you want to enable Employee’s Provident Fund?” toggle button, then you can view the below-mentioned options,
- Type the employee’s PF number in the “PF account number” as per the format.
- Type the UAN number of the employee in the “UAN” textbox.
- “Do you want to enable Employee’s Pension Scheme contribution?” - If you wish to include the employee’s share in the employee’s pension scheme then enable this option.
- If you want to include the employee’s state insurance, then enable the “Do you want to enable Employee’s State Insurance ?” option and enter the ESI number of the employee in the “ESI number” textbox.
- If you wish to deduct the professional tax for this employee, then enable the “Do you want to enable Professional Tax?” toggle button.
- Finally, tap on the “Save” button to save the statutory option configuration for this employee.
- ESI will be deducted only if the employee’s monthly salary is less than or equal to ₹21,000.
- Employees who registered with EPF on or before September 1, 2014, and employees who registered after September 1, 2014, and receive less than ₹15,000 will have to contribute mandatorily. Employees who receive a salary of more than ₹15,000 need not contribute to EPS and their entire contribution of PF will reach their PF account.